Industries – Oil & gas
The Oil and Gas industry is one of the main waste water producers worldwide.
Wastewaters from this industry sector require various treatment steps with the desalination step being the most important one. Removal of dissolved components such as sulfates, chlorides and bicarbonates can be done by using Eutectic Freeze Crystallization as a treatment step.
What we bring to the table:
- Added value
- Significant volume reduction of waste streams
- Reduced disposal costs
- Recovery of dissolved components
- Zero Liquid Discharge possibility
- The EFC process produces clean water from the oil waters that can be reused on site. This provides significant advantages in water scarce areas
- Removal of NaCl with our EFC process greatly reduces the negative effects of reinjecting or discharging of the co-produced waters
- Lower volume of brine left for further treatment (in evaporation pond) or reinjection